We all want the school to be pleasant and intellectually enriching for everyone! To help ensure this, all participants must adhere to the code of conduct:
- Treat other participants with tact, courtesy and respect both during the school activities and offline, on social media, etc.
- Abstain from discrimination in all forms. Respect, appreciate and value differences among participants, foster equality and promote collaboration.
- Refrain from unpleasant or disparaging remarks or actions, e.g., on the basis of sex, age, religion, beliefs, nationality, culture, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, status, disability, family situation, or looks.
- Exercise restraint to avoid offending others. Be aware that statements or actions not intended to be offensive to another person may still be perceived as such.
- Be considerate of other people’s time and interests, e.g., when asking questions during lectures.
- Have your real name displayed in zoom. Feel free to add a nickname by which you wish to be called. Note that the school is intended for the admitted participants only, so do not share the zoom link with anyone else.
- Please try to keep your camera on during the school activities, so that others, particularly the speakers, feel that you are "there" with them. It is understood that on occasion you may need some private time with the camera off.
- Do not take screenshots of the participants except during group-photo time or with specific permission. Use of such photos must adhere to item 1 above.